Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lying to Children

Read this article on a book that passes itself off as a guide to global warming for children...

When I was in kindergarten, my class took a trip to the health museum where, while getting instructions how to brush our teeth properly, the woman from the museum said, "And be sure to wave goodbye to the water as it goes down the sink boys and girls because no one will ever see that water ever again because the earth's water was disappearing."

I remember asking my father about that later in the evening; it's my earliest memory of the term "liberal nut" being used. He then explained to me how plumbing and water purification works, and how the level of water on the planet stays constant.

I also remember holding up class for a good half an hour while I tried to explain to my teacher why the health-museum-lady was wrong.

Needless to say, this story hit close to home. GET EDUCATED! FIGHT THE CHURCH OF GLOBAL WARMING!

Hooah.

PS: if you want to read a better blog then mine, head over to Chanman's blog, "Buckhorn Road," in my Friends section. I read about this book there.

2 comments:

Daniel Ruwe said...

The global warming hype is way overblown. Global warming is happening, but it is not humans that are causing it. Anyway, global warming probably wouldn't be a awful as liberals think.

Spoticus said...

Yeah, I don't think anyone can make the argument that the world isn't warming up...but to blame the entire thing on human activity and then doom us all because of it is completely off base.