Monday, November 12, 2007

Obama, Taxes, and Social Security

Presidential hopeful Barack Obama apparently thinks that the answer to our social security problem in this country is a tax increase. That's right, despite the fact that we're already giving an enormous chunk of our hard-earned green, the Senator believes that if we give up...nay, if he takes away even more of our money, the problem might just go away.

I can't believe anyone would ever buy into this...I don't understand it. I'm no economist, but I'm pretty sure that more money I have in my hands the better off I am. More money means more control...

Also, another thing that bothers me about this issue. You can't say that "it's for the aged and the shut-ins" because a good porition of them never see any of the social security money taken from them in their younger years anyway...and I almost certainly won't be seeing any of it. Privative it and let us handle our own damn money.

That felt good...haven't done one of those in a while.

Hooah.

No comments: