Saturday, June 9, 2007

Creationism Museum

A few weeks ago, a creationist-themed "natural" (I use the term loosely) museum opened in Kentucky. I could not be more disgusted.

Religion and science can indeed happily coexist...I am a Christian, and I believe that God sparked the start of the evolutionary process. There you go.

The problem is that religion cannot and should never be substituted for science (or vice-versa). To just throw existing, accepted science out the window and replace it with conjectured garbage based on religious texts is hogwash and irresponsible especially when the garbage is being force-fed to children without the wherewithal to know better.

Jonathan M. Gitlin of Ars Technica recently took a visit to the Creation Museum. I highly recommend reading the article.

Some of the pictures are laughable. Eve standing fully-clothed in a Victorian-era gown next to a velociraptor that is eating vegetation...yeah, the dinosaur with the razor-sharp-teeth was a vegetarian before the Adam's Fall...

That's all I've got for now.
Enjoy your evenings, everyone!
Peace out

No comments: