Saturday, June 9, 2007

American Soldier

After months of anticipation, I am now officially a sworn member of the United States military. Admittedly, I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud to have made it this far.

I'll give you the run down.

I arrived back at MEPS at 0800 Thursday morning. I waited for a few hours to get my eye sight waiver finalized with the doctors, and then headed to the career counselors. They were extremely helpful. I decided on the 35-W MOS (formerly 98-X) and will be attending language school in Monterey after BTC which will be at Ft. Leonard Wood.

The swear-in ceremony was brief and to-the-point. THe officer entered the room, we were called to attention, and she swore us into service. Very cool.

The only things left at this point for me to worry about are the security clearance check and the DLAB. I'm really hoping to take care of the later next Friday...so fingers crossed for that one...I need a 95 or better to get Arabic, Korean, or Mandarin.

Ok, it's time for some political posts...
Peace out!

No comments: