Monday, August 27, 2007

The War

I've been trying to get back into the politics of the war this week, now that I'm back at school and surrounded by my soldier friends...but, it's very hard to get any unbiased news at all on the subject, and I find that incredibly disheartening.

Stories like this make claims like the "body count has doubled" and are littered with pictures of bodies, hospitalized civilians, and the like. How about pictures of the hospitals themselves? They've been rebuilt? How about waterlines and some basic infrastructure rebuilding articles?

Seriously...Everyone's talking about how the morale of the troops isn't so hot right now...and I'm certainly not in Iraq right now...but it sure is disheartening to constantly hear about all the things we're doing wrong...maybe it would help to stop selling the news and just report it instead?

Hooah.

No comments: